Day in the Life of a Cosplayer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hell's women, and clothing

4 posters

Go down

Hell's women, and clothing Empty Hell's women, and clothing

Post by Hapless Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:55 pm

So given the artists artwork, and the recent story arc's revelations I have to ask, is it just natural for hell's woman to walk around in the buff? Or was Lit that out of it that she didn't realize that there was a man present, or did she just not care? Or is this just a Lit thing she picked up in Egypt where the woman often walked around topless because it was just too freaking hot? Though I guess the same could be said about hell, which by all accounts is hotter than Egypt...
Perhaps someone would care to speculate, or fill us in?
Hapless
Hapless

Back to top Go down

Hell's women, and clothing Empty Re: Hell's women, and clothing

Post by MinekaC Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:18 am

Everyone, be they human or not, has their own way of being. So no, it's not a common trait of being from Hell, as obvious by the fact that Lucy wears long frilly night dresses.
Lit might not have been parading around in the nude if she knew Kenji was there, but I don't think she'd go out of her way to get dressed either. What does she care for the opinions of others?
No, it was not a trait she picked up in Egypt, as she was never one to walk around topless. I'm not even sure that was really done, but my research on the day-to-day activities of the non-royal families is scant, so I can't say for certain. Certainly numerous african aborignal (sp?) tribes do do that, but ancient Egypt was very civilied and foreward thinking, women could own and run their own buisnesses. They had nearly all/same rights as men did. As evidence by the fact that there were various female pharohs.
Hell's temperture is also up for debate. It does not nessecarilly have to be hot, it could be positively freezing. Hell is meant to be a place of eternal suffering. So temperture doesn't really matter, it all depends on the individual spirit, what they're used to, and doing the opposite.

Does that help?
MinekaC
MinekaC

http://ditloac.comicgenesis.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:51 pm

Actually I did a bit of research on Egyptian culture a year or so back and none slave woman did go topless as it was "fashionable", and it is accredited by historians as having become fashionable because of the heat. Though small top garments were also common as well among upper class women who wanted some "support", or were more modest. Adultery was also considered a worse crime that murder, oddly. So I has nothing to do with forward thinking, more to do with heat, and trendiness. Think about summer fashions where your from for women, most tend toward more exposed flesh all around, to help with evaporation and thus keeping cool.

As for Lucy, well, I doubt she sets any trends, nor I bet does she follow them. She's her own devil, the others be damned...er...again.

And yes it does help, I was just hoping to get some more forum posters in on this topic. Lately it seems like just you and me in here.
Hapless
Hapless

Back to top Go down

Post by brigid Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:00 pm

That's the impression I've gotten of Egypt. If nothing else it's pretty common in certain shows and manga to show Egyptian woman going around either topless or more commonly wearing some transparent, fluttery thing so that they might as well be topless.

Though I must say that the impression I've gotten of Lit isn't so much that as what Mineka said. She just doesn't care. I'm sure Yit wishes she did, though. Especially after the latest incident.

brigid

http://mqc-comic.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:33 pm

Good point Brigid. I think she was pretty freaked out. Makes me wonder how many mornings she does walk around in the buff. Was this the first time? Or is this a normal behavior for her?
Hapless
Hapless

Back to top Go down

Post by MinekaC Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:54 pm

It's normal for Lit to not wear anything when she sleeps, and until she's dressed for the day, since her first order of the day is shower, she's not nude for to long.
As evident by events in chapter one, it's kinda obvious that nude is how Lit always sleeps.
But Yitsana is usually busy making breakfast, so doesn't notice Lits lack of clothing in the morning.
MinekaC
MinekaC

Back to top Go down

Post by Cent Comm NTCS Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:26 pm

.. clothing is overrated, *smiles*

however , being somewhat if a buff on Egypt, clothing was made of light cotton or linen, both being VERY thin or thick as they cared to make it, and useually in layers , workers and everyday citizens normally wore a "kilt" women normally wore a spicific type of garment similar to a chiton. silk was not normally common so it would have been thin or thick cotton depending on the useage,

wool tended to trap more heat, and dispite illistrations in some texts i highly doubt someone working in 90+ temps would have worn the volumes of robes that are depected , i suspect they wore the exact same garments as the normal middle to lower class.
as far as examples we have quite a bit although those are mostly "grave goods " so it was probably finer than everyday wear...

bah ranting.. stopping now. Very Happy
Cent Comm NTCS
Cent Comm NTCS

http://datachasers.comicgenesis.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:02 pm

What your stopping!?! We were just getting an education on this subject. Are you lazy that you didn't feel the clue us in.

That said. I have to wonder. Seeing as how I am a male, when I think of a naked female I think that she looks beautiful, and would be pleasing to look at as opposed to a naked male. Which I wonder why sometimes the females of the human race even are attracted to us. Must be divine intervention.

That said, our question has still gone unanswered at to what women from hell wear on a day to day basis. What is considered fashionable? How is fashion determined. Is there one layer that is the most fashion forward (the Paris of Hell?) or is it based on classification and type. IE what was fashionable for a Succubus wouldn't be fashionable for an imp, or for Lucy?
Hapless
Hapless

Back to top Go down

Post by MinekaC Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:25 pm

Fashionable, I would think, in HELL, is whatever doesn't make Lucy mad.
Lucy likes her lolita-ish clothing. But doesn't seem to care what others wear. I think it's "wear what you want, just stay under her radar" so, no T-shirts with "I'm with stupid" on them whilest standing next to Ba'al. You'd be a toasted deamon in a few seconds if you did that.
MinekaC
MinekaC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum