Day in the Life of a Cosplayer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hapless Speaks with Yitsana

3 posters

Go down

Hapless Speaks with Yitsana Empty Hapless Speaks with Yitsana

Post by Hapless Mon May 26, 2008 5:38 am

Chatbox wrote:Yitsana: O_O Really? *sits down near Hapless* But.... everyone said I was weird and.... *sniffels* So many people can't be wrong.... can they?
Hapless: People are always wrong. Take a look at how many people thought the world was round, or that enslavement based on skin color was just, I can go on and on. Being weird is a normal human condition.
It's only natural to be a little weird, I should know, after I have been called that too. Though for probably other reasons. You follow me so far?
Hapless
Hapless

Back to top Go down

Hapless Speaks with Yitsana Empty Re: Hapless Speaks with Yitsana

Post by YitsanaM Mon May 26, 2008 10:55 am

*nods nods* It's just...... well, there's weird..... and there's freakish. *mopes* I was the freakish sort. No one in my entire high school would sit near me if they could help it. It wasn't my fault that I got sick and I couldn't attend for years. When I finally got better, and was released from hospital.... no one wanted to be near me. They said I was contanimated, and others would catch it.
I wasn't so much weird........ as believed to be a retard that couldn't go to school because I couldn't figure out how to get on the bus or pass a test.
YitsanaM
YitsanaM

Back to top Go down

Post by brigid Mon May 26, 2008 12:00 pm

Wow. That sounds rough.

I was called a retard a lot, too. Which was weird because when I was well enough to go to school my grades were really pretty good.

Being sick a lot doesn't help things at all. After being homeschooled I found that a lot of the illnesses I had were stress related. I hope things got better for you after being homeschooled, too.

brigid

http://mqc-comic.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless Mon May 26, 2008 8:50 pm

YitsanaM wrote:*nods nods* It's just...... well, there's weird..... and there's freakish. *mopes* I was the freakish sort. No one in my entire high school would sit near me if they could help it. It wasn't my fault that I got sick and I couldn't attend for years. When I finally got better, and was released from hospital.... no one wanted to be near me. They said I was contanimated, and others would catch it.
I wasn't so much weird........ as believed to be a retard that couldn't go to school because I couldn't figure out how to get on the bus or pass a test.

No that was just their cover story. One can easily see from your eyes the power of intellect imbued in them. Perhaps a lack of wisdom in the ways of the cruelties of the world, but you are by no means a retard. No, what they feared was their own mortality, you reminded them that death lays just around the corner for the human race, that each beat of the heart thumping in their chests could be their last. Humans are creatures of fear, and as such, they fear things that remind them of their fears, and all humans fear the end of their time on this mortal plane. It is the most powerful fear that grips them.

No, what I consider that makes you an oddity my friend, is your empathy for others, your ability to care about them, that is what I think is inhuman and freakish. You care too much, you open your self too often, you give too freely. Yet you do not seem to hurt, or have as many wounds, or as grave of wounds, as I should think. No you keep sharing and giving so freely, and it is more beauty than I have seen in humanity in a long time.
Hapless
Hapless

Back to top Go down

Post by YitsanaM Mon May 26, 2008 9:41 pm

@Brigid: Homeschooling wasn't an option, it was a fact. I was in hospital for so long. *shakes head* I don't want to remember it, it hurt so much. But my parents were there. After a year they decided to get me a tutor, so when I went back to school I wouldn't be behind. It was hard to pay attention at times. But I wanted to see my friends again........ I didn't realise people could change so much.

@Hapless:....... I'm confused.
YitsanaM
YitsanaM

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless Tue May 27, 2008 5:27 am

*chuckles, then laughs, then bursts into a roaring laugh*
Perhaps less poetic language. Your not dumb, you just are innocent. You were sick for so long, and in the hospital for so long that your fellow students started to think of you as a reminder that their own health was fragile. So they treated you like they did because they were afraid of what you reminded them of.

I must admit I think of you as a bit odd, but in a very good way. Your innocent, and full of caring for others. I find that so rarely in other people that when I see it in you, I see beauty.
Hapless
Hapless

Back to top Go down

Post by YitsanaM Tue May 27, 2008 9:46 am

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

My classmates didn't know I was the hospital though. To them, it just seemed I dropped off the planet for awhile.
YitsanaM
YitsanaM

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless Tue May 27, 2008 11:37 am

How do you know that, may I ask? Are you sure your school or your teacher wouldn't have been notified of your condition?
Hapless
Hapless

Back to top Go down

Post by brigid Tue May 27, 2008 3:28 pm

It is surprising sometimes how much people can change. Nice people can turn into jerks and jerks can turn into nice people. It's very confusing.

If it helps any, I think you coped very well. Not many people could come out of a situation like that and still be so perpetually cheerful. You're a real ray of sunshine.

brigid

http://mqc-comic.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless Tue May 27, 2008 9:59 pm

That is very true, that is the beauty of her soul. That it can overcome the darkness that is thrown at it, and still shine brightly and uplift others. It's a very rare quality, and very desirable.
Hapless
Hapless

Back to top Go down

Post by YitsanaM Thu May 29, 2008 11:52 am

*blushes* Mineka tells me that I'm just naieve, and I didn't understand what was going on. It was only a few years though. But it's what had helped me to determine where I wanted to go to school.
What better place to grow up, then one of the fastest pace cities in the world? Then I found out about Manhattantown University, and it just seemed like fate! I mean, what are the chances that the city I'd want to go to school in would have the only American college dedicated to turning people into manga characters! I suppose I have the large rich Japanese population that resides in the city to thank for that.
YitsanaM
YitsanaM

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless Thu May 29, 2008 1:44 pm

Ahh, but what does that word mean to you, Naieve? To me it means one who does not see, or chooses to not see. One is Naieve because they choose not to percieve the wickedness in the world and just assume that because they can not see it, that it won't effect them.

I don't think your like that. I think you see very clearly, and don't choose to ignore, but rather you choose to help by being a beacon of cheer to any who look at you, like your roommate.
Then again, maybe being Naieve just means that you think that you can change the world, in which case many beings are guilty of naievity.
Hapless
Hapless

Back to top Go down

Post by YitsanaM Thu May 29, 2008 3:24 pm

*blinks* Oooooooooo. Yer smart Hapless!
YitsanaM
YitsanaM

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless Thu May 29, 2008 10:07 pm

*rubs back of head and forces a laugh* Thank you for thinking that. It's not every day I get a compliment like that.
Hapless
Hapless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down